Cooperation between SME Development National Center of Armenia and United Kingdom Department for International Development (UK DFID is targeted at implementation of SME development programs in Gegharkunik and Tavush Marzes of the RA, as well as intensification of business activity in the regions.
In the context of the cooperation, the activities are carried out in the directions:
• Enhancement of opportunities for cooperation with SMEs operating in selected regions of Marzes,
• Strengthening of SME support infrastructures,
• Expansion of the Loan Guarantees Provision Program,
• Rising awareness on support programs providing for start-up and operating SMEs,
• Provision of consulting and training support,
• Assistance to new SMEs through involvement them in ongoing support programs.
Within the scope of the cooperation with UK DFID, the undertaken measures are focused on enhancement of the activities in Gegharkunik and Tavush Marzes of the RA in line with SME state support annual programs.