“Support to SME Development in Armenia” SME Development National Center / UNDP joint project has started its activities in September 2004.
Main objective of the Project is provision of support to small and medium enterprises at central and regional levels directly and through strengthening the capacities of SME Development National Center of Armenia. The support is provided through implementation of Project Annual Work plans developed in line with SME Annual State Support programs with resources allocated from SME Development National Center and UNDP funds.
Project activities are highly supported by well-developed network of regional branches and representative offices of SME Development National Center covering all marzes of Armenia, the establishment of the main part of which was assisted by the Project in its first phase.
Main activities of the Project
- Development of SME support mechanisms and strengthening the capacity of SME Development National Center of Armenia
- Cluster development and improvement of knowledge and business skills of start-up SMEs
- Provision of information, consulting and promotional services to the SMEs at central and regional levels
Main accomplishments of the Project
- Starting from 2004 Start-up business support programs are being implemented in all marzes of Armenia every year;
- Revolving Fund for financing successful participants of Start-up Business support programs was established in 2006, and extended in 2007 and 2008 and loans are provided in the frameworks of this activity every year;
- Equity Financing mechanism was developed in 2008 and incorporated in the SME State Support program 2009;
- Cluster creation mechanism (Pilot project for B&B and hospitality services in Tavush marz) was developed in 2008;
- Training and consulting services are being provided to the winners of the innovations contests implemented by the SME Development National Center of Armenia in collaboration with the Ministry of Economy of the RA starting from 2006;
- Training programs for SME Development National Center staff are organised every year starting from 2004;
- The SME DNC of Armenia website was extended in 2006;
- Support on ISO consulting services provision was provided in 2004-2006;
- PR campaign on SME Development National Center activity is being organised starting from 2006;
- Technical support was provided for strengthening the capacities of the SME Development National Center of Armenia in terms of organisation of renovation and purchase of premises, and technical equipment.